My Blog List

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

2013 Southern Swapfest


The 2013 Southern Swapfest in Altamonte Springs, Florida (near Orlando) was a huge success. This years convention was the first one to be held at the Hilton Altamonte Springs hotel. The hotel offered matchbook collectors a top-notch breakfast and accommodations. However, I did miss the sunny breakfast area and spacious courtyard of the previous hotel.

Mark Edelman had a large dealer space with material from Charles Wolf's estate with proceeds going to the Wolf family. I spent about a day and a half looking through the vast collection and found plenty of great covers in the categories I collect. Charles was a longtime collector and marked each cover on the reverse with where he acquired the cover and what year. I overheard someone say that Mr. Wolf would be happy they were in the hands of a fellow collector. 

A big thanks to Frank Denzler, Bill Hayes and everyone else involved in making it such an enjoyable convention. I don't think anyone went home empty-handed.

No comments:

Post a Comment