My Blog List

Monday, August 4, 2014

Big Boy: Should He Stay Or Go?


I found a nice Big Boy postcard for $3 at the flea market this weekend. It's signed by the Big Boy himself. I like this highly stylized, airbrushed look. No mention of who the artist was, but that's typical for items like this. It's not a matchbook, but since Big Boy covers are pretty popular so I thought I'd throw it in.


Also included in the clear sleeve the postcard came in was this neat, unused Big Boy sticker. If you don't remember this, Marriott Corporation launched this advertising scheme in Fall of 1984, complete with commercials using A particular song by The Clash (I'll let you guess which one). Get your vote in by May 6, 1985, people.


Article from Cincinati magazine, May 1985. For the rest of the article, go here:





No comments:

Post a Comment