My Blog List

Monday, April 15, 2013

Interesting Covers


Here's a few interesting covers I got at the Southern Swapfest:

The first one of the left has a smiling rabbit dressed as Napoleon. A tag next to him says "Act Normal - Be Crazy". On the back it describes how you can be popular and have fun with this Rabbit Foot Luck Charm with Mailing Tag and Key Chain.Send 10¢ to Charles Brand for yours. I had one of these as a kid, given to me by my father. I'm pretty sure mine was part of a real rabbit at one point. When I prodded him about how could it be a real rabbit foot, he'd tell me "It's real, alright. There's a three legged rabbit running around out there somewhere." I still have that rabbits' foot, but never did see a single rabbit running around with three legs.

The second one is a 1920's Lion Match cover for F.A. Whitney Carriage Co. The most complete line of baby carriages, children's go-carts in the world! It's an old cover and pretty strange to boot. I don't know whether the photo noted as H-R-H The BOSS is a doll or a real kid, but it gives me the creeps nonetheless.

The last cover has no manumark, but looks older and has a tall striker. On this cover for Chandu's you've got a swami holding a crystal ball of sorts. Apparently I had two of these covers, one with no info on what Chandu's was on the front or the back, then I found this one that has info: Chandu's was a Buffalo, NY restaurant that served American Food and Princely Dishes of India. Mystery solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment